The greater Joshua Tree area offers a vast area of public lands where OHV off road jeeping is permitted. Amongst these public lands are many private properties. There is a serious problem with OHV users blatantly trespassing private property. This will not be tolerated. You will be prosecuted and your vehicles confiscated! The terrain varies from Colorado Desert dunes type conditions found in both low desert Coachella Valley to the boulder dome country of the Mojave Desert of the Morongo Basin.
Successful Jeeping is all about preparedness. Cell service is little to none in the areas.
Leave the pavement prepared.
- Water to drink and for radiators / food
- Survival kit
- 1st aid kit
- Tools/ shovels
- Tow ropes
- Thick plywood jack pads for sandy surfaces
- Common sense
- Basic orientation skills
Johnson Valley State recreation area
Coachella valley jeep touring – the Red Jeep
Hop on Desert Adventures’ Big Red Jeeps to explore the California Desert. Discover the real secrets of Colorado deserts Coachella Valley.
- The SAN ANDREAS FAULT ADVENTURE is an introduction to the San Andreas Fault & the flora, fauna, & natural wonders of the Colorado-Sonoran Desert.
- The INDIAN CULTURAL ADVENTURE visits an authentic archeological site right on the San Andreas Fault.
- The LOST LEGENDS OF THE WILD WEST ADVENTURE explores "Fault line, California," a replica of the Wild West mining camps that sprang up in the late 1800s.
- The MYSTERY CANYON ADVENTURE visits the awe-inspiring Mystery Canyon. Thrust up by tectonic collisions and cut into endless mazes by erosion, these steep-walled canyons offer spectacular scenery.
The NIGHT WATCH ADVENTURE is available all year and provides guests with a nocturnal voyage among surreal shadows and darkness on a cooling desert landscape. 3-hour tour (6-9pm)
Red Jeep group adventures
Imagine riding through the open desert with the wind in your hair! Daytime activities at DESERT ADVENTURES RANCH include jeeping, hiking, riddle rallies, scavenger hunts, biking, team building events and daytime parties complete with live music!
At DESERT ADVENTURES RANCH evening events range from a simple Desert Discovery BBQ in nature, Wild West Hoe Down or Native American Heritage Evening in a beautiful canyon where the soft glow of colored lights on the fault line welcomes you to enter the strange and eerie world of the San Andreas Fault!
Thinking of getting married in the desert at sunrise or sunset? Want something different that you will always remember? DESERT ADVENTURES offers exclusive weddings and receptions at our 1000 acre Desert Adventures Ranch, right on the San Andreas Fault, and now at the elegant Eldorado Polo Club. At either location we offer ONE-STOP-WEDDING PLANNING
OURS PICK UP AT COCOS AT I-10 & WASHINGTON ST EXIT
|2 HOUR ECO-TOURS||$59.00 PP|
|3 HOUR ECO-TOURS||$79.00 PP|
INCLUDES HOTEL PICK-UP FAMILY-PRIVATE GROUP JEEP ADVENTURE
Some adventures include:
Relive the Old Mining Days of California as you search for gold nuggets in them thar hills!
Teambuilding adventures in the open desert offer the perfect opportunity for groups to play, bond and compete in a unique environment. This allows from creativity, confidence, experience and humor that points again directly to FUN!
- Road Runner Off Road Rentals 366 0358
- Johnson Valley Off Road Park
22 mile north of Yucca Valley north of route 247